Time: Monday, 2 to 4:00 p.m.
Location: PH 127 , TUM Physik-Department I
This lecture provides an introduction to modern particle physics at the interface of accelerator-based experiments and astro-particle physics. It covers:
- Current topics in particle physics at the highest energy with a thorough discussion of the experimental methods, including: The Standard Model, the Higgs Boson, Physics beyond the Standard Model and a general introduction to high-energy proton-proton collisions
- An introduction to cosmology
- High-energy processes in the early Universe from thermal freeze-out to the cosmic microwave background
- Design and technology of the Large Hadron Collider and the corresponding experiments
- Particle acceleration in the Universe